This mind map can be read on two levels. First of all it is an overview how to be productive in brainstorms and to arrive at successful innovations. Just adopt the suggestions and tools and you have a rich flow of ideas.
On the second level this is a tour de force showing off the possibilities of the new version of MyThoughts (1.3) (so I did a lot of things I normally wouldn’t do in one mind map).
- MyThoughts runs well on the new OSX Lion.
- It is possible to control the opacity of the background picture (15 % in this mind map) making it possible to use one at all (new feature). If you cannot change the opacity it interferes too much with your branches.
- You can chose between clicking or drawing new branches. The last one is a new feature and works very nice in combination with a tablet (I used Wacom Bamboo).
- Unlimited layering of images (the central image consists of three images and two text boxes, the background picture has three different images, see if you can spot that).
- To my knowledge MyThoughts is the only software program making it possible to sample colours and use them for branches (in this mind map all the colours of the branches were sampled from the central image). This feature gives better compositions.
- It’s possible to drag and drop branches (new feature).
- Full screen mode is possible (new feature).
- To my knowledge MyThoughts is the only software program resulting in high resolution images of the mind map and is not downgrading the resolution of added images to the mind map.
- It’s possible to highlight branches using shadows in any colour you wish (see e.g. the red shadow around the black branch ‘nonjudgmental’).