- the artist is less popular compared to others
- or: the fans of the artist are using Twitter less
- or a combination of both
Philippe Packu was the first to explore this and it inspired me to experiment with the popularity of hashtags to compare musicians.
- measurements were done using hashtagify
- the analysis is done using Clustergram (click image)
- for clarity the results are exported to iMindmap
If you try out yourself, mind you, the following hashtags are used: #beatles, #springsteen, #prince, #wilco, #bobdylan, #qotsa, #metallica.
Also please note that hashtags can be extremely time dependent. So your scores may differ from mine.